So when life gives you crappy dinner rolls, make croutons!
Jan 20, 2010
When life gives you crappy dinner rolls, make croutons
As some of you may remember several weeks ago, I seemingly sabotaged a lovely Sunday dinner with the family. The biggest failure, the dinner rolls. They had such potential, yet they didn't rise, and turned our dense and dry. We ate a few token rolls at dinner and due to my loss I couldn't throw them away. Today I opened up the cupboard intending to find mildewy rolls. Quite the contrary, they still had a semblance of life to them, and I figured I might as well try them out for bread crumbs if nothing else. As I began chopping away, I tasted a small bite, and realized these had the best potential in the form of an olive oil, herd infused crouton, the best kind you can find. So there it is, a little dolled up with spices, oil, and salt, in the oven at 200 for an hour or so, and voila, the yummiest croutons ever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment