Nov 3, 2009

Like home again...

My mission president's wife used to always say "Bloom where you are planted."  I have been fighting blooming in Bountiful, UT. Not sure why? Maybe I miss the experiences I had in New York, the people I met, the souls that taught me, the life I gained, the cozy little studio I made my own.  As cliche as it may sound, I could say "I found myself in NYC." Self realization dawned on me in greater magnitude than ever it had before.  I fell in love in New York, fell in love with life. 
One of my wise yoga teachers used to say "The only constant thing in life is change." So why do I fight this change so?  I don't see the whole picture, but I am doing my best "to bloom where I am planted", as sweet Sister Pullan suggested. So thanks to some improvements to my outer world, my inner world is feeling more like home...
Bye bye fluorescent bulbs, welcome hallogen! Amazing what a new light can do.
A little office to call my own,
oh sweet hooks, you give bag and jacket a home.
Big palm, and,
little palms, the air already feels better.
A painted hallway, so trips to the bathroom and bedroom are much more pleasing. And last but not least...
A little spot for yoga. I have some plans for this space also, but one thing at a time. 

Thanks to my sweet husband who braved the 4 hr Ikea trip, a 3 hour assembly jobs, and countless hours of hearing me complain. Oh how I love you.  But our efforts this weekend are pale in comparison to the months of effort my sweet husband put into remodeling the home 3 1/2 years ago when he purchased it. Little did he know he was creating a home, not just for himself, but he was creating a home for us. 

After all, life isn't really about the great big moments, rather it's about making a great big deal out of the small moments.

Indeed, it is starting to feel like home again... and what makes it feel that way more than all the home improvements combined...

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweet Connie. How lovely. I'm glad to hear you're cozying up to the idea.
    We just purchased our one way tickets to Los Angeles and it's all beginning to set in. I think I'm too busy for the many changes to hit me at once, but that day will surely come. And I will likely read this post once again and remember that change is just change. And it can be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks great! Where did you serve your mission?

    ReplyDelete